Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T1

My assignment for C4T1 was to review the blog posts of Jeff Delp. His blog Molehills Out of Mountains supports his ideals about the lives of teachers. Mr. Delps first post was 6 Things on my Education Wish List. The ideas behind this post are: how teachers should be professionally treated,good teaching is not only the curriculum, provisions of adequate resources, how tests and poverty effect the educational system, and to set less restrictions.I started out the comment on this post by agreeing with these ideas. I then stated that graduating from a large class, that I agree most with his number 1 statement; how teachers should be treated as professionals. I also requested his ideas on how to eliminate the political system within schools that reward poor teaching over greater strives.
The second post I commented on was Teaching for Today... and Tomorrow. Within this post Mr.Delp explains how it was difficult to make a presentation on School credits to a crowd that was so poverty diverse. I commented on his Prezi presentation, the one he used for the kids. It was amazing how he tied in a video of education independence, so to speak, with credits. Like I said in the post it sounded to me like "hey! school is going to be tough, but you need those credits! Do not be afraid to be yourself and rely on your teacher. They are there for a reason."
Deadly intersection

No comments:

Post a Comment